Easy Flank Steak Fajitas in Foil Pouch
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
July 9, 2017
Yield: 4 servings (1 cup)
- 1 pound of beef flank steak, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 red, yellow or green sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 (6-7 inch) flour tortillas
- Place flank steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Add lime juice, vegetable oil, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Seal bag and turn to coat the steak. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or set grill to medium-high.
- Drain meat and discard marinade. Center meat on a 12x18 inch sheet of heavy duty non-stick aluminum foil. NOTE: If using heavy-duty aluminum foil that is not non-stick, apply spray oil before adding ingredients. Bring up sides of aluminum foil and double fold top and ends to form a packet, leaving room for heat circulation.
- On another sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil, center sweet peppers, onion and garlic. Seal to make another foil packet.
- Bake or grill the foil packets 30-35 minutes or until meat is desired doneness (145 degrees for medium-rare) and vegetables are tender. Serve with flour tortillas. NOTE: To heat tortillas, wrap tightly in aluminum foil and add to oven for the last ten minutes of the foil packet baking process.
Nutrition information per serving (not including tortillas)
Total Fat: 12.2g
Saturated Fat: 6.2g
Source: Adapted from Reynolds Kitchens at http://www.reynoldskitchens.com/recipes/easy-flank-steak-fajitas/
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, July 10, 2017