French Toast on the Go
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
August 27, 2017
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 8-inch whole wheat tortilla
- 1 tablespoon Greek cream cheese (or any low-fat cream cheese)
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (divided)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh fruit of choice
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil spray
- Mix the powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon with the cream cheese.
- Chop fruit and walnuts.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in a band about two inches wide down the middle of the tortilla, leaving one inch on each end of the tortilla. Sprinkle fruit and nuts over cream cheese. Fold the 1-inch end without cream cheese over the fruit and cream cheese mixture. Fold each of the two remaining sides in to make a burrito shape.
- Break the egg onto a pie plate or a plate with a lip. Whisk the egg with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Dip each side of the burrito in the egg mixture and place on a preheated skillet at medium temperature. Brown on both sides.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 10.2g (2.3g saturated)
Source: Tammy Roberts
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, August 28, 2017