Tropical Fruit Salad
June 6, 2010
Here is a recipe for a simple tropical fruit salad, perfect for those hot summer nights and picnics. It's so easy and good for you!
8 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
- 4 cups (1/2-inch) cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups diced peeled ripe mango (about 2 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) sliced banana (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup orange sections (about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted
Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, tossing gently to combine. Cover and chill 1 hour. Sprinkle with coconut.
Calories: 186 (30% from fat)
Fat: 6.3 g (sat 5.4 g, mono 0.3 g, poly 0.1 g)
Protein: 2 g
Carbohydrate: 34.8 g
Fiber: 4.7 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Iron: 0.8 mg
Sodium: 12 mg
Calcium: 40 mg
Recipe from Cooking Light, April 2003
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Wednesday, July 28, 2010