Funny Face Fruit Kabobs
Prepared by: Amy Vance,
University of Missouri Extension
May 31, 2015
Yield: 20 servings (1 kabob)
- 1 large honeydew melon
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 quart strawberries
- 1 small bunch seedless red grapes
- Mini marshmallows
- Twenty five 10-inch wooden skewers
- Slice two or three inches off the bottom of the honeydew melon and remove the seeds. Use a melon baller to scoop out melon balls. Place a paper towel inside the cavity to absorb any liquid, and cover the opening with plastic wrap. Place the melon, cut side down, on a decorative plate. Use a permanent marker to draw a funny face on the honeydew melon.
- Prepare the rest of the fruit by cutting the cantaloupe into cubes and washing and drying the strawberries and grapes.
- To make the kebabs, thread one or two pieces of each fruit and two marshmallows onto the skewers in any order that you and your children choose.
- Stick the kebabs around the face on the melon, until they resemble crazy hair.