Greek Salsa with Pita Chips
Prepared by: Denise Sullivan, Nutrition Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
December 31, 2017
Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup per serving)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 c. tomato, diced
- 2 c. cucumber, diced
- 1/2 c. pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 c. red onion, diced
- 1/2 c. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 pita rounds
- Make dressing: In a bowl, combine garlic, oregano, sugar, red wine vinegar, and olive oil.
- Make salsa: In a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and toss with dressing to coat. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut each pita round in half, then split to separate halves. Cut each pita section into four wedges. (Each pita round will make 16 wedges.) Place wedges on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 7g (2g saturated)
Recipe source: adapted from delish.com
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Saturday, December 23, 2017