Green Eggs and Ham Muffins
Prepared by: Kelsey Jeter,
University of Missouri Extension
April 5, 2015
Yield: 18 servings
- 4 cups fresh spinach (chopped)
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (finely shredded, low fat)
- 1 cup diced ham
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- 1.5 cup egg substitute
- Cooking spray
- Pinch mustard powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray non-stick pan with cooking spray. Cook onion in pan until translucent.
- Add diced ham and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine egg substitute, spinach and milk in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in diced ham, onions, cheese, spices to taste. Pour into muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Placed baked cups on a baking sheet then freeze until solid and transfer to a freezer bag.
- Microwave for 20-40 seconds depending on how many you are reheating.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 2g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hhthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, July 10, 2015