Grilled Farmers Market Pizza
July 26, 2009
Who doesn't love pizza? And why not cook it on the grill with veggies from your Farmers Market? The best part is that you can change this recipe up and use whatever vegetables you have on hand. This pizza is so good you may want to devour the whole thing!
8 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1 (12 inch) packaged pizza crust (such as Mama Mary's)
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) finely grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- Prepare grill.
- Combine oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, zucchini slices and yellow squash slices in a large bowl, tossing gently to coat. Place squash mixture on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Reduce grill temperature to medium.
- Lightly coat pizza crust with cooking spray; grill 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted. Arrange zucchini and squash over crust. Arrange tomatoes over squash; sprinkle with pecorino Romano cheese. Grill 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from grill; sprinkle with basil and oregano.
Calories: 165 (33% from fat)
Fat: 6.1 g (sat 1.5 g, mono 0.7 g, poly 0.1 g)
Protein: 5.6 g
Carbohydrate: 23.5 g
Fiber: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 4 mg
Iron: 1.6 mg
Sodium: 225 mg
Calcium: 92 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Wednesday, March 27, 2013