Grilled Tomato Pizza
Jami Nolen, Nutrition Program Associate
July 15, 2012
Makes 6 servings
- 1 (13.8 ounce) can refrigerated pizza
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 large heirloom tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled herbed goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Prepare grill to medium heat.
- Unroll dough onto a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat dough into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Lightly coat dough with cooking spray.
- Place dough on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 1 minute or until lightly browned. Turn crust over. Sprinkle with garlic; sprinkle with tomato and cheeses. Close grill lid; grill 3 minutes. Top with basil and serve immediately.
(Amount per serving)
Calories from fat: 29%
Fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 4.4 g
Monounsaturated fat: 1.4 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2 g
Protein: 10.7 g
Carbohydrate: 33.1 g
Fiber: 0.4 g
Cholesterol: 17 mg
Iron: 2.2 mg
Sodium: 590 mg
Calcium: 107 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, February 15, 2013