Mini Ham and Spinach Frittatas
Jami Nolen, Nutrition Program Associate
April 3, 2011
With Easter on it's way, family get-togethers and potlucks will be in high swing. This recipe for Mini Ham and Spinach Frittatas will make brunches a breeze and give your guests plenty of energy for those games with the kids.
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup minced red pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped reduced-fat ham
(about 2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup (about 1½ ounces) shredded reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add ham, spinach, and red pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add ham mixture, stirring with a whisk. Spoon mixture into 24 miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until set.
Calories: 39 (30% from fat)
Fat: 1.3 g (sat 0.5 g, mono 0.2 g, poly 0.1 g)
Protein: 4.4 g
Carbohydrate: 2.3 g
Fiber: 0.4 g
Cholesterol: 32 mg
Iron: 0.2 mg
Sodium: 121 mg
Calcium: 80 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Thursday, June 20, 2013