Light Hashed Brown Potato Casserole
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray
University of Missouri Extension
December 20, 2015
Makes 24 servings
- 1 32-oz bag frozen hashed brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/3 cup of light margarine
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (reduced fat and sodium)
- 1/2 cup crushed bran flakes cereal
- Spray a 13x9 baking pan with nonstick spray coating.
- Combine all ingredients, except crushed bran flakes in bowl; spread in baking pan.
- Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes.
- Add crushed bran flakes and bake 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition information per serving:
Total Fat: 8.1g
Saturated Fat: 2.4g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, December 21, 2015