Holiday Delight Cheesecake
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts
University of Missouri Extension
December 13, 2015
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons acceptable margarine (less than 2 grams saturated fat), melted
- 3 (8-ounce packages) fat-free cream cheese, softened (use BLOCKS of fat-free cream cheese)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup cholesterol-free egg product
- 1 (8-ounce carton) nonfat lemon yogurt
- Cherry pie filling (optional)
- Heat oven to 350ْ F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and margarine. Mix well. Pat into bottom of 9” or 10” springform pan. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and flour together until light and smooth.
- Gradually add lemon juice and egg product; beat well.
- Add lemon yogurt and mix thoroughly.
- Pour over prepared crust. Loosely place aluminum foil over springform pan. Bake 60-70 minutes or until center of cake is set. (Surface will have cracked appearance).
- Gently run tip of knife between cake and edge of pan. Cool to room temperature before removing rim of pan. Chill. Store in airtight container.
- Serve garnished with cherry pie filling, fruit or whipped topping.
Note: The texture of this cheesecake is soft and therefore needs to be thoroughly chilled before serving. If it is baked 24 hours in advance and refrigerated, it is much easier to serve.
Nutrition information per serving:
Saturated Fat: 0.7g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, December 21, 2015