Italian Beef Stir-Fry
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
November 22, 2015
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 pound beef round tip steak, frozen
- 1½ cups uncooked medium bow-tie or shell pasta
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 3 cups (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves or 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup prepared fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove beef from freezer and allow to partly thaw while assembling ingredients. If beef is fresh, place in freezer for 30 minutes to firm.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, but do not add salt to cooking water. Drain cooked pasta and keep warm.
- Cut garlic cloves into thin slices or use garlic press.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half or slice tomatoes in thin edges.
- Chop parsley.
- With very sharp knife, cut beef into thin diagonal slices.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place half of beef strips in skillet and stir-fry 1 minute or until outside surface is no longer pink. Do not overcook. Remove to warm platter.
- Stir-fry the rest of the beef with the sliced or crushed garlic cloves. Remove to warm platter. Sprinkle with black pepper. Cover with foil and a towel to keep warm.
- In same skillet, add mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, beef, and Italian dressing. Heat through.
- Spoon beef mixture over hot pasta. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Serve immediately. Makes a one-dish meal in a hurry.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 21g
Source: Eat Well Be Well with Diabetes curriculum
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, November 23, 2015