Prepared by: Amy Vance,
University of Missouri Extension
April 26, 2015
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 lb 93% fat free ground beef
- 1 cup canned Italian tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can of reduced fat large biscuits
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink.
- Stir in tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat add cheese.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, flatten biscuit into a 4 inch round. Spoon a small amount of mixture in to the center of the round. Fold dough over to make semicircles. With fork seal edges.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.