Italian-Style White Beans
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts
University of Missouri Extension
January 24, 2016
Yield: 4 servings (1/2 cup)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- In a medium nonstick saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the oil. Sauté the garlic, sage, and rosemary until the garlic turns pale gold, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes; raise the heat to medium; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes longer.
- Add the beans, salt and pepper; reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and vinegar.
Nutrition information per serving:
Source: Eat Well, Be Well with Diabetes, University of Missouri Extension
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, January 25, 2016