Light Macaroni Salad
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
April 24, 2016
Yield: Makes 8 servings (3/4 cup)
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- Dash paprika
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Cool completely.
- For dressing: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, sugar substitute, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, celery, carrot and onion. Add dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with egg and paprika.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 2g
Saturated Fat: trace
Source: Modified from tasteofhome.com
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, April 25, 2016