Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
December 21, 2014
Yield: 12 servings
- 3 extra large eggs plus 6 egg whites
- 1 pound turkey sausage
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup grated part-skim mozzarella
- 4 slices day old bread, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Brown sausage into crumbles in a skillet. Drain on paper towels to eliminate as much fat as possible.
- Combine, eggs, milk, cheese, bread and sausage in a bowl and mix well.
- Spray a 9" x 13" pan with cooking spray and pour the casserole into the pan. Let set in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Slice into 12 squares. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 8g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, December 22, 2014