Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
November 30, 2014
Yield: 8 servings
- 2½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1½-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish.
- Combine maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
- Cover and bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes. Uncover, stir and cook, stirring every 15 minutes, until tender and starting to brown, 45 to 50 minutes more.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrate: 19g
Dietary Fiber: 8g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, December 05, 2014