May 3, 2009
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups (16-oz) fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 can corn, no salt added, drained
- 1 cup (8-oz) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 can (4-oz) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 cups salsa verde
- 8 corn tortillas (6-inch diameter), cut in half
- 1 1/4 cups shredded low-fat Monterey Jack cheese (5-oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add onion, corn and garlic. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Add to chicken in the bowl.
- In another medium bowl, stir together ricotta, sour cream, green chilies, cilantro, cumin and salt.
- Spread 1 cup of the salsa across bottom of prepared baking dish. Arrange half of the tortillas evenly over salsa. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over tortillas. Top with half of the chicken mixture. Top with 1 cup of the remaining salsa and 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layering with remaining tortillas, ricotta mixture and chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup salsa and 3/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through. Loosely cover with foil if the cheese browns too quickly.
Nutritional Information - 1 Serving
Calories: 300 (Calories from Fat: 90)
Total Fat: 10 g (Saturated Fat: 5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g)
Cholesterol: 65 mg
Sodium: 770 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 25 g (Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 10 g)
Protein: 27 g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 30%; Iron 8%
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, July 31, 2009