Mexican Shrimp Tacos
Jami Nolen, Nutrition Program Associate
May 5, 2013
Makes 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced, peeled avocado
- 1 cup finely chopped, peeled ripe mango
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Place cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika and black pepper in a bowl and combine with garlic; add shrimp and toss to coat. Heat skillet to medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shrimp; cook until pink. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, avocado and next 5 ingredients (through 1/4 teaspoon red pepper). Stir in jalapeņo.
- Heat tortillas according to package instructions. Divide shrimp evenly among tortillas. Top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons salsa. Fold tortillas in half; serve immediately.
Fat: 12.4 g
Saturated fat: 1.9 g
Monounsaturated fat: 6.8 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8 g
Protein: 26.2 g
Carbohydrate: 29.1 g
Fiber: 5.8 g
Cholesterol: 57 mg
Iron: 2.1 mg
Sodium: 521 mg
Calcium: 65 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Tuesday, October 04, 2016