Mini Cauliflower Pizza Bites
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
September 21, 2014
Yield: Makes 14
- 2 cups cauliflower (about ½ head)
- ¼ cup egg whites
- ⅛ cup low fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup low-fat
- Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup mini turkey pepperonis
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 14 mini muffin cups well with nonstick cooking spray.
- Break cauliflower into segments, and place in food processor. Pulse until it reaches a rice-like texture. Cook this mixture in the microwave for 8 minutes (do not add water or cover).
- Remove cauliflower from microwave and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Place back in microwave for 2 minutes. Stir again.
- Scoop mixture into muffin liners. Fill to the top, and press filling down so it’s compact in the liner. Bake muffins for approximately 30 minutes, or when top starts to become golden brown. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce if desired.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 1g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, September 19, 2014