Mini Eggplant Pizzas
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray, Nutrition Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
July 21, 2013
Yield: 3 servings.
- 1 small eggplant, cut into ½ inch slices
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup shredded skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush both sides of each eggplant round with the oil. On a baking sheet, place eggplant slices in a single layer and bake 6 to 8 minutes, until browned and tender, turning once.
- Place a tomato slice on each eggplant slice and season with oregano. Top with cheese and bake 3 to 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 3 mg
Sodium: 37 mg
Carbohydrates: 12.5 g
Fiber: 7 g
Protein: 3 g
Source: Grow Eat Grow, University of Missouri Extension
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, October 11, 2013