Moroccan Carrot Salad
Prepared by: Angie Lanigan,
University of Missouri Extension
July 13, 2014
Yield: Makes 6 servings, ½ cup per serving
- 6 medium carrots
- ½ small onion
- 1 large lemon
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup dark or golden raisins
- Rinse and peel carrots and onion. Shred carrots with a grater. Dice onion.
- Rinse lemon and cut in half. In a small bowl, squeeze juice. Discard seeds.
- In a medium bowl, combine carrots and onions.
- In a second bowl, combine oil, curry powder, salt, pepper, salt, pepper, and 2 Tablespoons of the lemon juice. Mix well. Let marinate 5 minutes.
- Pour liquid mixture over carrots and onions. Stir in raisins. Mix well.
Nutrition information per ½ cup serving
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Source: Cooking Matters for Adults
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.p>
Last update: Sunday, July 27, 2014