No-Knead Whole Wheat Rolls
Prepared by: Susan Mill-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
November 27, 2016
Yield: 12 servings (1 roll per serving)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1¼ cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional)
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add remaining ingredients. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes (batter will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Stir batter down. Fill muffin cups coated with nonstick cooking spray to 2/3 full. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 8-12 minutes.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 2g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Source: modified from TasteofHome
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Wednesday, December 14, 2016