Orange Ginger Chicken Packs
Prepared by: Denise Sullivan,
University of Missouri Extension
July 23, 2017
Yield: Makes 4 servings (1 chicken breast per serving)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 2 navel oranges, sliced
- Combine orange juice, hoisin sauce, garlic and ginger in a zip top bag. Add chicken breasts and turn to coat. Marinate for 30-60 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Trim ends from oranges and slice into 4 slices each.
- Tear four sheets of both aluminum foil and parchment paper and layer parchment on top of foil.
- Place 2 orange slices on parchment and then place chicken breast on top of oranges. Wrap and seal each packet and place on preheated grill (or in 350 degree oven) and grill for 20-30 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees when tested with cooking thermometer.
*This marinade is also very good with salmon.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 7g (2g saturated)
Source: Adapted from allrecipes.com/
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, July 24, 2017