Orange Glazed Pork and Squash
Prepared by: Denise Sullivan, Nutrition Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
January 28, 2018
Yield: 6 servings (1 pork chop and 3/4 cup squash/apple mixture per serving)
- 1 pound butternut squash
- 2 medium apples
- 1 medium orange
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 pork loin chops sliced 1 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Peel squash and cut into cubes; core and cut apples into wedges. Cut orange into 1/4-in.-thick slices. Arrange squash and apples on a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with ground ginger, place oranges slices on top. Roast 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, mix orange juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and ginger. Microwave, covered, on high, stirring every 30 seconds until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Heat a heavy skillet sprayed with cooking spray and quickly sear pork chops on each side to brown.
- Place pork alongside squash mixture; drizzle with orange juice mixture. Roast until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 155° F. and squash and apples are tender, 45-55 minutes longer.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 4g (1g saturated)
Recipe source: Taste of Home
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Saturday, December 23, 2017