Peanut Butter & Jelly Breakfast Muffins
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
November 20, 2016
Yield: 12 muffins (1 muffin per serving)
- 4 eggs (or 1 cup egg substitute)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chia seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except blueberries. Mix well.
- Fold in blueberries. Fill lined muffin tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Store at room temperature for 3 days or freeze for up to three months.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 12g
Source: adapted from yummly
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Wednesday, December 14, 2016