Jami Nolen, Nutrition Program Associate
July 22, 2012
Makes 12 servings
- 2 cups chopped peeled peaches
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) French bread baguette, cut into 24 slices
- 4 ounces chilled Brie cheese, cut into 24 pieces
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 7 ingredients; set aside.
- Arrange bread slices in an even layer on a baking sheet. Top each bread slice with 1 piece of cheese; broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts and bread is toasted. Remove pan from oven. Top each bread slice with about 1½ tablespoons of peach salsa; serve immediately.
Calories from fat: 24%
Fat: 2.7 g
Saturated fat: 1.7 g
Monounsaturated fat: 0.8 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1 g
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrate: 15.9 g
Fiber: 1 g
Cholesterol: 9 mg
Iron: 0.8 mg
Sodium: 183 mg
Calcium: 22 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Thursday, August 16, 2012