Peach Crunch Bars
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray, Nutrition Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
August 4, 2013
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups granola
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- Coat a 9 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flours, brown sugar and granola.
- Stir in honey and melted margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Press one-half of this mixture into the baking pan.
- Arrange sliced peaches on top. Sprinkle remaining mixture on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Cool in pan before cutting into bars.
(Amount per serving)
Fat: 8.5g (Saturated fat: 1.4g)
Recipe source: University of Missouri Extension, From Harvest to Health
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Tuesday, July 30, 2013