Peach and Grain Salad
Jami Nolen, Nutrition Program Associate
August 21, 2011
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1½ cups thinly sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Combine bulgur and 1 cup boiling water in a large bowl. Cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Stir in peaches and remaining ingredients except nuts; toss well. Sprinkle with nuts.
Fat: 9 g
Saturated fat: 1.2 g
Monounsaturated fat: 5.9 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4 g
Protein: 4.2 g
Carbohydrate: 24.7 g
Fiber: 5.7 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Iron: 1.2 mg
Sodium: 307 mg
Calcium: 29 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Tuesday, August 23, 2011