Peanut Butter Balls
Prepared by: Kelsey Jeter,
University of Missouri Extension
May 10, 2015
Yield: 17 servings (2 balls)
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- Coating (cocoa powder, cinnamon sugar, chopped nuts)
- Heat peanut butter and honey in the microwave until easily mixed, about 15-20 seconds. Stir until blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, flaxseed and coconut (if using) until combined.
- Add peanut butter mixture to oat mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Form a rounded tablespoonful of the combined mixture into a ball and place on a plate. Repeat until all mixture is used.
- Roll each ball in whatever coating suits your preference: cocoa powder, cinnamon sugar and chopped peanuts are some ideas.
- Chill the plate of balls in the refrigerator to set for at least an hour, or overnight.