Peanut Butter Banana Bars
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray, Nutrition Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
March 11, 2018
Yield: 12 servings (2 bars per serving)
- 4 medium bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats, dry
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and use low-fat pan spray to coat a 9x13-inch glass dish.
- Mash the bananas and mix together with oats and peanut butter.
NOTE: Because bananas vary in size, you may need to adjust the amount of oats. The batter should be like a wet cookie dough.
- Spread the dough evenly in the prepared dish, then sprinkle with walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cut into bars. Store leftover bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator, or freeze them and thaw in the fridge before eating.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 11g
Recipe source: Superhealthykids.com
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Tuesday, March 13, 2018