Peanut Butter Berry Overnight Oats
Prepared by: Kelsey Jeter,
University of Missouri Extension
May 22, 2016
Yield: Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 cup traditional or steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- Add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds and peanut butter in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Cover bowl with lid or plastic wrap. Refrigerate bowl overnight.
- Top with banana and strawberry slices before serving in the morning.
- Overnight oats can be eaten cold, room temperature or warm. If you prefer it warm, microwave for 60 seconds in the morning.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 15.1g
Saturated fat: 2.2g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, May 23, 2016