Pesto Egg Salad Sandwiches
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray, Nutrition Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
March 25, 2018
Yield: 4 servings (1 sandwich per serving)
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 hard-cooked egg whites, chopped
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- Spinach leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Gently stir in eggs and egg whites.
- Spread over four toast slices. Top with spinach and remaining toast.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 11g (3g saturated fat)
Cholesterol: 217 mg
Sodium: 811 mg
Recipe source: tasteofhome.com
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, April 16, 2018