Pesto Spinach Broccoli Pizza
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
March 8, 2015
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup grated lowfat Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups fresh chopped baby spinach
- 1-3/4 cups coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the Parmesan cheese, oil, sugar, basil, salt, all-purpose flour and 3/4 cup whole wheat flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining whole wheat flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly. Prick dough with a fork.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread pesto over pizza crust. Top with spinach, broccoli, green pepper, green onions, garlic and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition information per 1/6 pizza
Total Fat: 17g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Source: Taste of Home.com (adapted by Susan Mills-Gray)
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hhthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, April 03, 2015