Jami Nolen, Nutrition Program Associate
July 17, 2011
Makes 12 servings
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups cubed red potato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 3/4 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (2¼ ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- To prepare dressing, combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, place potato and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan. Cover with water to 2 inches above potato; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Add potato to dressing in bowl, tossing gently to coat; let stand 15 minutes. Stir in cucumber and remaining ingredients; toss well. Cover and chill.
Calories from fat: 28%
Fat: 2.8 g
Saturated fat: 0.2 g
Monounsaturated fat: 1.6 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8 g
Protein: 1.8 g
Carbohydrate: 14.9 g
Fiber: 2 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Iron: 0.9 mg
Sodium: 295 mg
Calcium: 19 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, February 15, 2013