Jami Nolen, Nutrition Program Associate
November 13, 2011
What is the one thing your Thanksgiving table cannot be without? Pumpkin Pie! The best part about this recipe is that there is no crust so you save time and calories.
- 1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 15 ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons white flour
- 1 cup dry milk
- 1 cup water
- Mix all ingredients except water together in a large bowl.
- Gradually stir in water until well mixed.
- Spray a 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from the center comes out clean.
*Keep pie chilled after cooking.
Nutrition Information (amount per serving)
Total Fat: 0.3 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 156.5 mg
Total Carbs: 28.4 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.5 g
Protein: 5.7 g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Thursday, November 17, 2011