Reduced Calorie “Hot Wing” Dip
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
June 4, 2017
Yield: 12 servings (1/4 cup per serving)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenders (about 7 tenders)
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing or dip mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces Greek yogurt cream cheese
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 ounces part-skim Mozzarella cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- Mix dry ranch dressing powder with garlic powder to make a dry rub. Rub mixture evenly over each piece of chicken and place in single layer in the bottom of a slow cooker set on low.
- When chicken breasts are fully cooked (3-4 hours) use a fork to shred chicken. Add the Greek yogurt cream cheese, Greek yogurt, grated Mozzarella cheese, and hot sauce to the chicken. Stir well and place lid on the slow cooker.
- Dip is ready when the mixture is heated through and cheese is melted. Serve with vegetables, baked tortilla chips or crackers.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 3.4g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Source: Tammy Roberts
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, March 06, 2017