May 10, 2009
- 5 1/2 cups sliced (1/2-inch thick) rhubarb (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans or almonds
- 3 tablespoons trans fat free light margarine, cut into small pieces
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and toss
well. Spoon into an 8-inch square baking dish coated
with cooking spray.
Mix oats, flour and sugar. Add chilled margarine and
mix until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add nuts,
sprinkle over rhubarb mixture. Bake at 375° F for 40
minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
Serve with 1/2 cup frozen yogurt, optional.
Nutritional Information with 1/2 cup frozen yogurt
Calories: 237 (24% from fat)
Fat: 6.4 g (sat: 1.2 g, mono: 2.6 g, poly: 2 g)
Protein: 4.2 g
Carbohydrate: 43.4 g
Fiber: 1.3 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Iron: 1 mg
Sodium: 107 mg
Calcium: 178 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, July 31, 2009