Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash
Prepared by: Amy Vance, Nutrition Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
November 5, 2017
Yield: 6 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1½ pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease foil-lined baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine halved Brussels sprouts, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt; toss to combine. Place, cut side down, onto half of a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine cubed butternut squash, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, maple syrup and cinnamon; toss to mix. Place on the other half of the baking sheet. Roast in the oven at 400° F for about 20-25 minutes. During the last 5-10 minutes of roasting, stir veggies for even roasting.
- In a large serving bowl, combine roasted Brussels sprouts and squash, pecans and cranberries; stir to combine and serve.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 17g (2g unsaturated fat)
Recipe source: Juliasalbum.com
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, November 10, 2017