Rolled Oats and Peanut Butter Cookies
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
July 10, 2016
Yield: 3 dozen
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 stick (4 Tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl mash the banana with a fork. Add the softened butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar and blend well.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add flours and baking soda and mix until smooth. Stir in rolled oats.
- Scoop dough with a teaspoon and shape into 1-inch balls. Place dough balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten dough balls with a fork using a criss-cross pattern on the cookies.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven until cookies are lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition information per serving (2 cookies)
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated fat: 2.5g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.p>
Last update: Monday, June 27, 2016