Broiled Salmon with Avocado Pico de Gallo
Prepared by: Denise Sullivan, Nutrition Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
February 18, 2018
Yield: 4 servings (1 filet and ˝ cup Pico de Gallo per serving)
Pico de Gallo:
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 skinless salmon filets, 5 ounces each
- Combine all ingredients for Pico de Gallo in small bowl. Chill while salmon cooks.
- Preheat oven to broil. In a small bowl, combine coriander, cumin, garlic, paprika, and pepper. Rub the salmon with the spice mixture. Place salmon on baking sheet. Broil for 7 minutes, turn and broil another 7 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145°F. in the thickest portion.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil for 5 minutes.
- Served topped with Pico de Gallo.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 14g (2g saturated)
Recipe source: modified from Dillon’s mymagazine
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: February 18, 2018