Salmon Rice Bowl
Prepared by: Amy Vance, Nutrition Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
February 4, 2018
Yield: 4 servings (3/4 cup per serving)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 7.5oz can low sodium pink salmon
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook brown rice according to package.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add the onion and chili powder, sauté until softened and starting to brown.
- In a separate bowl, flake the salmon. Add onion mixture, flaked salmon and spinach to pot with rice. Toss to combine. Give a good pinch of salt and pepper to the mix.
- Squeeze lemon over mixture and serve.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 5g (1g saturated)
Recipe source: www.bevcooks.com
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: February 4, 2018, 2017