Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
August 20, 2017
Yield: 6 servings (1 wrap per serving)
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1 can (14.75 ounces) salmon
- 3 tablespoons light Italian dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- Lettuce or spinach leaves, rinsed
- 1 cucumber, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and then into narrow strips
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly
- Soften cream cheese in medium bowl (or soften in microwave on high for 10 seconds).
- Wipe top of salmon can before opening. Drain salmon in a colander and rinse with water.
- Add salmon, dressing and pepper to cream cheese in medium bowl. Stir to blend.
- Spread 1/3 cup filling on each tortilla. Spread to about 1/2” from both edges of the tortilla. Lay lettuce or spinach leaves in the center of the tortilla. Top with tomato and cucumber down the center of the tortilla. Roll up tightly. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 12g (3.5g saturated)
Source: Iowa State University Extension
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Tuesday, August 22, 2017