July 5, 2009
Makes about 3 cups.
- 4 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeņo peppers, minced (for less heat, use 1)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- juice of 3 fresh limes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- generous amounts of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend. Chill in refrigerator 2 to 3 hours.
74 calories per 1/2 cup
2 g fat (0.3 g saturated fat)
12 g carbohydrates
2 g protein
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, July 31, 2009