Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
August 24, 2014
Yield: Makes 1 serving
- 1 sweet dinner roll
- Low-fat mayonnaise or mustard
- 1 -2 slice(s) low-sodium deli turkey, or chicken or ham
- 1 slice low-fat cheese
- Using a small paring knife, pierce the bottom of the roll until the knife almost reaches the top. Cut a circle and pull out the bread cylinder and set aside. Using your fingers, press the inside bread walls to make them thinner.
- Add condiment of your choice to inside of roll.
- Add deli meat until it is about a 1/3 full. Then add cheese until it is 2/3 full and fill with more lunch meat.
- Cut a bit of the cylinder off and apply condiment to the bread side of the circle. Press it back into the bottom of the roll.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 10.3g
Saturated Fat 6.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 19.9g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.p>
Last update: Monday, August 25, 2014