Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray, Nutrition Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
January 21, 2018
Yield: 6 servings (1 egg and 1 cup potato mixture per serving)
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cut in small pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with baking foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place hash browns in a bowl and stir in butter, olive oil, thyme, basil, oregano and garlic powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place hash browns in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Place into oven and bake until the edges begin to brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and create 6 wells. Add bacon slices and eggs, gently cracking the eggs throughout and keeping the yolk intact. Sprinkle eggs with Parmesan. Place into oven and bake until the egg whites have set and bacon is cooked through, an additional 10-12 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 30g (10g saturated)
Recipe source: adapted from damndelicious.net
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Saturday, December 23, 2017