April 25, 2010
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ cups diced fresh mango
- 1 cup fresh diced pineapple
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1½ pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1¼ cups (5 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese
- To prepare salsa: combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Cover and chill.
- To prepare tacos: place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add shrimp, tomato, cumin, and chili powder; sauté 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Stir in cilantro. Spoon 1/2 cup shrimp mixture over one half of each tortilla, and top with about 3 tablespoons cheese and 2 tablespoons salsa; fold tortillas in half.
Calories: 276 (24% from fat)
Fat: 7.3 g (sat 2.6 g, mono 2.2 g, poly 1.7 g)
Protein: 22 g
Carbohydrate: 30.4 g
Fiber: 2.3 g
Cholesterol: 109 mg
Iron: 3.4 mg
Sodium: 395 mg
Calcium: 233 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Tuesday, May 07, 2013