Simple Chicken Soup
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
September 25, 2016
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1˝ cups diced chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, broccoli, etc.)
- 1˝ cups cooked rice or pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add celery and onion and sauté until tender, about five minutes.
- Add the other vegetables, chicken and chicken broth.
- Add the rice or pasta 5-10 minutes before serving.
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, September 26, 2016