Skinny Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Dip
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray, Nutrition Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
December 24, 2017
Yield: 20 servings (1/4 cup per serving)
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup green enchilada sauce
- 7 oz. can diced green chiles
- 1/2 t. cumin 1/2 t. chili powder
- 1/2 t. kosher salt
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup low-fat Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, yogurt, enchilada sauce, green chiles, and spices.
- Fold in the shredded chicken, mozzarella, and 1/4 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Remove the dip from the slow cooker and put it in an oven safe dish. Top with the remaining cheese and stick it under the broiler until the cheese is lightly browned.
- Serve with baked chips or crackers, or raw vegetables.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 2.6g (1g saturated)
Recipe source: tastykitchen.com
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Saturday, December 23, 2017