Skinny Pizza Pinwheels
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
September 7, 2014
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 package of reduced fat crescent roll dough
- ½ cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup mini turkey pepperonis
- ⅛ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spread the dough out over the prepared baking sheet, gently pulling on all four corners of the dough to stretch the dough out a bit.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sauce, seasonings, pepperoni, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Spread mixture out over the dough, spreading evenly with a spatula.
- Starting at the long end of the dough, start rolling until dough is rolled into a long skinny log. Cut into eight even rolls. Arrange the rolls swirl-side-up on the baking sheet, and bake for 15-17 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping if desired. (Note: If you cannot find seamless crescent dough, you can buy reduced fat crescent rolls and use a rolling pin to seal the “seams” together.)
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 6g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Sunday, September 07, 2014